We greatly regret having to make this decision, but we will look forward to the day when we can continue to support the extraordinary efforts of all those organizations seeking to improve our environment and our health.
Cornell Douglas Foundation
Please address requests to:
Ms. Cynthia Duffy
Please provide the following:
- Introductory letter providing information about the organization.
- One or two page summary of the project for which funding is requested should be included.
- IRS determination letter of 501(c)(3) status.
- Recent 990 form. *This should be submitted by email. If the 990 is not for the previous year, please wait to submit proposal until the organization has received its most recent form.
- Project and organizational line item budget.
- Other sources of support: amounts secured and amounts requested.
Areas of Interest
- Environmental Health & Justice
- Land Conservation
- Sustainability of Resources
- Mountaintop Removal Mining
- Watershed Protection
- Financial Literacy for elementary and high school students (Please note that these funds are for established programs rather than initiatives.)
Organizations applying for a grant must be defined as a public charity and tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service. If you do not have 501(c)(3) status, please provide the name of the public charity that operates as your fiscal sponsor.
Applications are accepted during the year. Grant sizes vary, for new applicants requests are usually between $10,000 - $25,000. Please address requests to: Ms. Cynthia Duffy
No emailed proposals or faxes accepted: all documents, except for the Form 990, must be sent by mail to the Cornell Douglas Foundation